Followers

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Where wit, all?

Drake, the tech, is a talker on the phone.
In person, he will talk and I don't have much more to say than, "Okay."
And then we just look at each other. He expectantly. Me, just waiting to get back to work.
As a tech, he can charge $30 an hour for 1 minute of "work" and I'm a little annoyed that he charged the company 2 hours for calls to me and one of our suppliers. And that he recently referred to my computer as the "main" computer and that his invoices are still addressed to the woman I've replaced.
I wonder if these little annoyances add up and make me even more angry than I would otherwise be at his comment over the phone today.
"Did he pull a dick trick and disappear?" he asked.
Pause.
"He left, yes." I answer.
I wish I had the wherewithal to respond to comments that upset me.
If only I had answered, "Oh you mean as in a castration?"
Or simply ask him to mind his manners or something like that.

boys will be boys
if a woman complains about them
she's being a bitch, is she on the rag?

At a job interview, I was asked how I would be with a lot of "boys will be boys" occurrences, not from co-workers but from customers.
I wish I had asked exactly what he meant and for some examples.
And then suggested to him that maybe he wouldn't have a job vacancy if he personally said it was okay to stand up to whatever crap he was asking me to accept.


all this hypocrisy and sexist crap and violence against women and and and...
this is why I suspect there are more women who write about murder than men.

No comments: